This Saturday, October 12, 2013, the Mooresville Arts Partnership is re-launching Arts in the Park, an annual all day festival exhibiting and celebrating all aspects of art expression in the area. My good friend and fellow local author R.J. Sullivan has ask for “a little help from his friends” and gotten it from, dark fiction authors me, Matthew Barron, Nicole Cushing, and Crystal Leflar to instruct beginning-level writer’s workshops for all ages.
Read all the details and sign up for a workshop time here!
We’ll also hold an all-day raffle at our canopy for a “Spooky Book Bag” of our work–$1 per ticket gets you one chance to win a set of books valued at over $60without signatures–and the authors will sign and personalize each book on request.
This way, you can personalize a book for every horror reader on your gift list–or have all the books signed to you and keep them–we won’t tell.
To enter, find the Horror Authors Canopy. Raffle tickets are $1 each. Enter as often as you like. For each ticket you buy, we need your name and phone number (preferably a cell phone number you will be carrying with you at 5:30 that day, the time of the drawing) on the half you leave in the raffle.
- Everyone who participates in the writer workshops earns one free ticket for the raffle. Children must have the ticket filled out by a parent.
- 100% of all proceeds go to MAP.
- We’ll draw the winner following the 4 p.m. workshop, so some time after 5 p.m.
- All tickets will be discarded responsibly. Tickets are to contact the winner. The rest will be destroyed.
- Books will be “flat signed” unless the winner requests personalization. This will allow the authors to personalize books intended as gifts.
- Parents take note: The books in the raffle and at the vendor tent contain adult content. We’ll do our best to sell responsibly, but we’re not going to card, nor will we judge what you let your kid read.
The Spooky Book Bag in detail. Links take you to the Amazon page:
The God Killers by John F. Allen; Secular City Limits by Mattthew Barron; We Are Dust and Death to the Brothers Grimm, both with a story by Crystal Leflar; Haunting Obsessionby R.J. Sullivan–and maybe more! Plus bookmarks and other doodads.
These books and more can be purchased all day at the vendor tent! Authors will be around to sign all day.
PLEASE COME OUT THIS SATURDAY AND SUPPORT A GREAT EVENT WHILE HAVING FUN!!!